Fairplace Homes Ltd is keen to develop new homes too. Through our unique access to landlords and developers, we know about schemes that the local authorities will not yet realise are development sites.
These sites involve multiple landlords or require buying out neighbouring properties to assemble development opportunities. We are currently developing a pipeline of these infill sites which we will bring to the Local Authorities for approval.
Fairplace Homes Ltd has funding in place to work with our local partners in developing out these schemes and offering all the units to the local authorities at affordable rents, achieved through;
- Imaginative and commercially minded architects who liaise effectively with planning to maximise sites’ potential
- Expert contractors and project management to bring homes back into use,
- All work done to full Building Regulations standards,
- Knowledge and success at accessing local grants for all products,
- All out-turn rents within current rent caps,
- Seamless transition into property management with all ongoing repair obligations taken on,
- Work with neighbours to ensure previous issues with blighted properties and disused sites are addressed.
We will also be bidding on development sites that come to the open market and are keen to develop schemes that answer the priorities of our partner local authorities. Some of these could involve care and support needs in the future.
Fairplace Homes Ltd is developing its expertise in bringing forward small complex infill sites that may be overlooked by larger housing associations and developers. We see this niche business as a unique opportunity to make a difference locally by tackling vacant blighted smaller brownfield sites and work with the local authority to meet local housing need whether for supported or general needs housing.
We have seen how our involvement in these projects can bring a sense of pride back to a particular area and encourage other local improvements from home owners leading to a greater sense of community at a local level.